Mint and configure tokens and accounts.
In today's world, many blockchain projects are worth billions of dollars based on hype and speculation. Hedera Hashgraph is rooted in a true technological evolution that is disrupting the market.
The company, with its distributed public ledger, has two clear differentiators:
- Its superior technology
- A governing council
The Technology - The Hedera Hashgraph platform provides a new form of distributed consensus; a way for people who don't know or trust each other to securely collaborate and transact online without the need for a trusted intermediary. The platform is lightning fast, secure, and fair, and, unlike some blockchain-based platforms, doesn’t require compute-heavy proof-of-work. Hedera enables and empowers developers to build an entirely new class of distributed applications never before possible. The Hashgraph platform deployed today can process 10,000 transactions per second. By comparison, Bitcoin is limited to 7 transactions per second, and Ethereum can process fewer than 15.
The Governing Council - The Hedera Hashgraph Council is the governing body of the Hedera Hashgraph network. The council will ultimately consist of up to 39 leading organizations and enterprises in their respective fields. Its membership will reflect a range of industries and geographies, including highly respected brands and trusted market leaders, to encourage a wide variety of perspectives. The Governing Members will elect the Governing Board and also contribute expertise through subcommittee membership. Hedera’s governance terms ensure no single member will have control, and no small group of members will have undue influence over the body as a whole.
Role and Responsibilities
Primary responsibilities include the operation of regulatory compliance programs to ensure company compliance with applicable regulations, and the application of internal controls consistent with industry best practices and company values to ensure ethical company conduct, e.g.:
- Conduct due diligence on the Council’s direct counterparties, such as purchasers and grant recipients
- Ensure the proper reporting of any regulated sales contracts, such as CFTC-regulated swap contracts
- Manage the Market Integrity Program, which includes enforcement of insider trading rules
- Ensure treasury management activities are timely reported to the marketplace, including allocations of hbars controlled by the Council and the distributions of hbars to the public
- Manage conflicts-of-interest and anti-bribery policies, such as the Related Party Transactions policy
Secondary contributions may include the facilitation of network participants’ compliance with global regulatory requirements to enable compliant development on the network, and the promotion of industry best practices and company values to network participants to foster a safe and productive ecosystem, e.g.:
- Monitor the development and adoption of Travel Rule technical standards to ensure the Hedera network meets the regulatory compliance needs of VASPs
- Support the adoption of decentralized identity standards on the Hedera network
- Ensure popular compliance tools (e.g., Chainalaysis, CipherTrace, TRM Labs) are fully integrated with the Hedera network
- Adopt and promote industry-developed principles that safeguard the rights of network users, e.g., the World Economic Forum’s Presidio Principles
- Publish resources that direct ecosystem developers to consumer protection best practices and guidance
- Authorization to work in the United States and fluency in English required
- BA/BS degree or international equivalent
- 2-3+ years of relevant work experience within the financial services, law enforcement, digital asset and/or management consulting space focusing on financial crime and/or compliance
- Understanding and knowledge of regulatory expectations and industry standards in relation to AML/BSA/Sanctions regulations
- Comfort in a technology-forward company and facility with computer and web-based applications, including Microsoft Office and Google Workspace, case management systems, and web-based databases
- Intermediate-level expertise in Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with blockchain tracing/analytics tools such as Chainalysis or TRM Labs
- Substantial writing skills and ability to articulate effectively to senior management
- Adaptability to an ever-changing environment and the capability to articulate thorough analysis to stakeholders
Optional but beneficial
- Advanced degree/certifications, e.g., CAMS, CFE